Why do you close all topics that question your cloud decision? Is that what caring about user feedback looks like?

Some of the discussions about cloud did derail somewhat and got a little uncivil (although I can only think of 2 cases where this occurred, mainly the flagged part of this thread). See Medet’s topic.

It’s really, really disappointing to see the response from Linearity to the whole cloud fiasco. At this point (for me personally), I would say that my concern with ever going back to a Linearity product is with the infinitesimal product communications (there are older versions + workarounds now for the technical issue). I wrote a longer response a while ago delving into the issues that I have with the forced cloud rollout.

A   m u l t i t u d e   o f   u s ers (~201 comments) have raised concerns, never actually addressed. The official responses from Linearity, have all been variants of following:

• We think it’s best for the long-term future of the company and our growth.
  • We need it for Linearity Move and making our (unreleased at time of writing) new products work better with each other.
  • We promise that our cloud is secure, and we pinky-promise to never ever use any your data to train an AI model.

There’s been no other real justifications, despite hundreds of comments on the forum rebuking these arguments. A total of two unique people have been communicating with users, who can promise very little. I know firsthand that you’ve lost about 400 users in the education space. Given this, Linearity, my question is…

Why is this not being addressed by leadership?

An open Q&A, a blog post, anything! I think we all would just like some acknowledgement from the people who actually made this decision.

@Nadya and Medet - thank you for all your work in moderation and keeping things civil. It really is appreciated. @vladimir feel like chiming in?

3 Likes