Dragging, slow switching between files, and gradual slowdown of interface.

I’m really struggling with the massive slowdown of the interface since the update to “Curve”. Gradually, while I work on a piece, the interface becomes more and more sluggish until it’s finally unusable and I have to close the app (close all apps), re-open it, and start back to working. It takes very little time for it to start slowing down. When it gets bad (every time I use the app, which is several times a day) it gets to the point that even getting the buttons/switches to work is difficult. Switching between individual files, if it requires hopping between folders, there will always be a lag before the files in the destination folder appear or are accessible. The more folders I pass through, the slower it is until finally the files just don’t appear and I have to shut the app and re-open. Several times a day. Close the app, re-open.

I have closed all background apps. I have closed all safari tabs and cleared the history. I have turned off background app refresh. My storage has 30% available. I am working on an iPad Pro, 12.9” from 2021 with an M1 processor. This should not be happening on this iPad. I also have an iPad mini 6. Exactly the same. I am on iPadOS 16.6, I keep it updated. This issue has become so exhausting. I have so much work invested in this app. Does someone have this problem too? Have you found a solution?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re experiencing such significant slowdown. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our users, and I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

We take performance issues like this very seriously, and we would like to investigate the problem further to find a resolution. To do so, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide us with additional information. If possible, could you share files where you’ve experienced these issues, or even a recording of the performance slowdown while you work on such files? This will help us pinpoint the issue more accurately.

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve been experiencing.

Best,

Igor

Sure, I’ll make a video.