Vectornator Crashing Frequently (Started

Using my iPad v6 128gb, starting yesterday Vectornator would take longer than usual to start, then it would quit out. I hard reset the iPad. Then I could see the loading icon swirling in the upper right hand corner. Screenshots

The one thing that I notice is the loading circle is spinning (Upper righthand corner)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob Lawson

Hey @Bob_Lawson,

A spinning wheel in the status bar on your device means that there is a network activity like downloading, sending/receiving data etc.

May I ask if you only see this spinning wheel when you open Vectornator? By any chance you have Vectornator files stored in iCloud Drive than can load on the Gallery screen when you open the app.

Here are some workarounds I can suggest you to try:

1. Force close everything running in the background;
  2. Restart your device;
  3. Disable Background App Fresh by going to Settings > General > Background App Fresh and turn this on.

Best,
Oksana

So I did what you have recommended, it is still crashing. The network indicator is still spinning even though the Background App Refresh is off.

Help!!

The only thing that I have found that enables me to get the App to work is by turning off my wifi on the device…

Could you please check if you received any crash report? Open iPad Settings->Privacy->Analytics&Improvements->Analytics Data-> scroll down to see crash reports named Vectornator-2021-11-… . In case you received one, please share this .ips file with us so that I can forward it to devs.
Thanks.

Here you go.

Thank you!!

Bob

Vectornator-2021-11-01-184257.ips (37.3 KB)
Vectornator-2021-11-01-185639.ips (48.5 KB)
Vectornator.diskwrites_resource-2021-11-03-084708.ips (9.2 KB)
Vectornator.diskwrites_resource-2021-11-03-131537.ips (29.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks @Bob_Lawson :pray:

Have already passed all the information to the team. We will be working on solving it.
I will get back to you once I have any news about the fix.

Best,
Oksana

Thank you!!

1 Like

Same problems here, nearly impossible to use Vectornator even by turning off the wifi…
helpppppp !!!

Any word on the fix? I have more crash logs to send if you need them?

Let me know

Thank you!!

Bob Lawson
Vectornator-2021-11-05-171049.ips (22.3 KB)
Vectornator-2021-11-07-105113.ips (37.2 KB)
Vectornator-2021-11-09-171416.ips (43.4 KB)
Vectornator.diskwrites_resource-2021-11-03-084708.ips (9.2 KB)
Vectornator.diskwrites_resource-2021-11-03-131537.ips (29.8 KB)

Hi @Bob_Lawson,

We are still investigating the issue, unfortunately it’s not happening on our end and crash reports do not contain enough information to help us reproduce this crash.
But we will do everything possible to catch this issue and fix it as soon as possible.
Please stay tuned for updates.

Best,
Oksana

1 Like

So today, I have used the Files App on the iPad to move all of my drawings (300+) to another folder in the cloud. Then I deleted the Vectornator App, and then reinstalled it.

So far (fingers crossed) everything is working as expected. I will let you know if it continues to work as I have several days worth of drawings to complete for a project.

Thank you,

Bob Lawson

2 Likes

Hey guys,

We invite you to update the app, as the issue you reported has been fixed. Please let us know if you need any other help!

Best,
Oksana

@Oksana I drew a few minutes somewhere 15-20 minutes, it still flew out. I drew again , too , again a few mines and flew out
Here is the file
Vectornator.wakeups_resource-2023-04-22-214144.ips (41.9 KB)
Vectornator-2023-04-22-214636.ips (36.3 KB)