stop linearity moving my icloud file to liniarity cloud

Opened up a file from my iCloud on my ipad and Linearity automatically sent it to Linearity Cloud. I use my ICloud. for my workflow. Cant’ find the settings to tell Linearity to stop storing my files in Linearity Cloud. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Linearity has decided that they will force you to upload files to their cloud servers, with no opt-out. iCloud is being deprecated, and files cannot be stored locally anymore - everything will go into their cloud.

For context, you should read through these topics where objections were raised:

There is no workaround apart from disabling Internet access (if you’re on a Mac you can do this for only Linearity using an application firewall such as Lulu).

1 Like

llui85
“Linearity has decided that they will force you to upload files to their cloud servers, with no opt-out. iCloud is being deprecated, and files cannot be stored locally anymore - everything will go into their cloud.”

Thanks for the concise reply. I feared as much as I could find no option to control where I want to store my files in preferences. There are some very good non-subscription paid alternatives for iPad for the cost of a couple burgers and fries that include options for icloud , dropbox, G-Drive etc like most other apps on the market. It’s time to move on.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your feedback. As mentioned in the other topic, we communicated our business approach and the changes coming beforehand.

In order for us to be able to take the next steps towards a more collaborative suite and seamless communication between both Linearity Move and Linearity Curve, a cloud functionality was essential. I understand how this might impact your decision of sticking to Linearity moving forwards. Rest assured, we are aware of your valuable feedback.

This is a disappointing update as the internet accessibility in my area is so awful that being forced to use Linearity Cloud is the end of my being able to use this app. It is a shame because this app has otherwise improved dramatically over the years and I will be sad to have to look for a replacement vector program.

I agree with some of the other comments and would rather pay for the app than have to rely on their cloud. All good things must come to an end I guess.

Hey @user666, welcome to the forum.

To sync your files with Linearity, an active internet connection is required. However, once your files are synced, you can access and work on them offline in Linearity Curve. Any changes made while offline will be synchronized the next time you connect to the internet. Without an internet connection, you can still create, edit, and save designs locally on your device. That way you can still work on designs, even if your internet connection is not always ideal.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit!

-Sam

Thanks for the quick clarification. I will try it out. I really would like to continue using this app as it has gotten so much better over the last few years.