Unable to export to png: "Something went wrong with conversion"

When trying to export an artboard as a png an error pops up saying “Something went wrong with conversion” and I am unable to export the file as png. Exporting to SVG and PDF, however, worked just fine.

Other artboards within the same Curve file exported as png without issue. The only difference in artboard content is a handful of extra vector shapes in the artboards that would NOT export.

Anybody experience this and have a workaround or fix? Is this a known bug?

Using most updated version of the app on Mac desktop- version 5.2.1.

Hi @Delaney welcome to the Linearity Community. Thank you for sharing your problem.

As this is not known to us, do you mind sharing the affected file / artboard with us so the team can take a deeper look?

1 Like

I am also experiencing the same issue. Is there a workaround or fix yet?

MBN Tech Packs.curve (8.1 MB)
Having the same problem happen again with the Dark Green / Natural art board. The previous two exported without issue.

Hey all :wave:

@Delaney Thanks for sending over the file! We’re diving into the issue you mentioned to figure out what’s going on.

I’ll keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Just wanted to give you a quick update on the issue.

It seems there’s indeed an issue when trying to convert to any non-vector formats directly from the application. As a workaround you can try exporting your project to PDF, and then use the “Preview” app to convert it to your desired format.

Our development team will work on a more permanent fix. Thanks so much for your understanding and patience as we work through this.

I had this same issue with a new project i was working on. I sent a support request in but since it is Sunday morning here in the states I figured i’d have to wait.

Being impatient I decided to see if I could replicate the problem on the desktop version of the software. Good news (Bad News) I could. I played around a bit more and discovered it was not because of Non-Vector Graphics elements, but something in my custom template.

I deleted the culprit and created a new one the same size and everything seems to be fine with the world again.

Maybe my tale of woe will be helpful to others.

Hmm. I wasn’t using a custom template in mine, so I think the core issue must be something else- at least on my end. Glad you got yours sorted though! :slight_smile: