Please at least include a one-time purchase on Curve for individuals.

Having 3 project files is just foul. Forcing someone to buy a subscription just to extend more project files is just slavery. Not everyone can afford $13 a month and that’s just absolute abomination. A limited-time offer does not help for the long run.

Your goal about this software is to target for businesses and designers (whose corporations actually?). There are some users who just use to create as a hobby, but restricting for only 3 project files is just unacceptable for everyone. Sure, people who have enough funds can support this software, but some don’t.

ibisPaint, for example, they have a one-time purchase to remove ads, increase canvas space, and unlock more built in brushes, but not limited to sorting artworks and animate in HD. That only costs $8 for a one-time purchase, and I bought it.

On the other hand, Curve, you make more than 3 files and you’ll be shoved on the face to buy a subscription to continue using this software. That’s probably it, spend more months until your wallet gets empty.

I get it that the money were used for development and funding, but the transition for deadnaming your app, and a new unneccesary animation software, this just feels so wrong. Every update caused my iPad to run unstable and unoptimized just for this monstrosity you have ever created. It was NEVER been like this in the past.

That is not what your software were meant to be made for, yet here we are, you’ve broken my promises to NOT ever change everything.

If you want to continue this project from going forward, then at least include a one-time purchase, for us, individuals, to let us have unlimited files to store whenever we want, create whatever we want, and just leave us alone. Maybe $8 or $10 would even help. We don’t want some real-time collaboration and AI features either.

(Watch as they roll their eyes and say no, I’m calling it)

2 Likes

Hey @philvee727 , absolutely, we’re not rolling our eyes at any users concerns. We’re here and we’re listening. Every piece of feedback helps us improve, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We totally get that our subscription model might not fit everyone’s needs. It’s set up to provide continuous access to evolving features, updates, and priority support.

But we haven’t forgotten about our users who might find a subscription a bit steep. That’s why we offer the Linearity Starter plan for free. You can keep up to three files at a time, and you can manage your projects by exporting them to store locally, deleting old ones from the application, and then creating new ones. This way, you can keep using Linearity Curve within the three-file limit.

As for Linearity Move, we’d love to hear more about your experience and why you think it might not be necessary.

And about those updates—please tell us more about the instability issues. Knowing exactly what’s going wrong helps us to fix things faster.

We hear you loud and clear, and we’re here to make sure that Linearity works for you, now and in the future. If there’s anything else you’d like us to know, or any suggestions you have, we’re all ears.

1 Like

Or here’s a better idea: stop dodging what people say about your egregious subscription model. Such as here, you stated that you haven’t forgotten those who want old Vectornator back, and yet you decide to start spouting about your “starter plan” which doesn’t even address our issues. Just REMOVE THE FILE LIMIT or, and this is literally what OP recommended, MAKE THIS PROGRAM A ONE TIME PURCHASE. Hell- have it separate from Move. I, and many many many others, do not care about Move, we care about Curve. So I think, if you want the continued support from those who simply want our favorite mobile vector app back, rethink your model, and your choices, and how you interact with your community.

1 Like

@Porg @philvee727

I totally understand both of your frustration, but what I really think everyone fails to realize is that if Linearity Curve was to remain free, how would they be able to give us all these awesome tools that they provide, pay their employees, and continue to grow as a company that is able to provide what they do. I think that them even providing a free option is more than generous and to be honest Linearity’s rates are lower (if not the lowest) than most vector programs out there. There are a ton of free vector programs that are available but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

All I am saying is try and see all sides of the coin, have some grace, and know that Linearity is really doing a great job trying to deliver a software that is for everyone to the best of their ability. Also lets be honest if Linearity didn’t have that special sauce, you wouldn’t be wasting your time with their software, we all know they have something awesome :wink: