[iPadOS] Curve won’t access Photos after being granted permissions.

Device: iPad Pro 2020
Curve Version: 5.4.5

Ever since I downloaded Curve back in January, I haven’t been able to get the app to access my Photos.
I’ve made sure to grant it the (only) permissions available through settings, but the Assets tab remains displaying the request message.

I’ve already tried the following:
• Update both the app and the device’s OS to the latest stable versions.
• Delete and reinstall Curve.
• Restart (and Hard Reset) the device.

Any help is appreciated.
Screenshots below for reference:

Bumping the post, hopefully a community manager or even a dev can chime in.

Hey @alezehia , Nadya from Linearity Customer Support is here :wave:

You did the right things for the basic troubleshooting of this problem.

Could you please let me know if you any other applications with the same problem or is it just with Linearity Curve?

Here’re few more places to check on your device:

• Photos App Privacy Settings: Open Settings on your iPad > Scroll down and tap on Photos. This section controls how apps can access your photos. Ensure that the settings allow apps to read and write to your photo library.
  • Background App Refresh: sometimes, allowing an application to refresh its content in the background can help resolve issues related to content access when you open the application. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and make sure it’s enabled for Linearity Curve.
  • Try going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Make sure Content & Privacy Restrictions are turned off, or if they are on, navigate to Photos under Allowed Apps or Privacy and check the settings there. Ensure that Linearity Curve is allowed to access photos fully.

Do any of these recommendations help?

When you try to reinstall the application and then navigate to the Add Photos section, do you see a contextual menu that allows you to choose the type of access to your Photo Library?

Hi @Nadya ,

I was able to solve the problem by deleting Curve and reinstalling it.

I’ll leave a detailed walkthrough of my experience below - hopefully it can be of aid to any users that may encounter this problem in the future. I’d also appreciate it if you would forward this to the developers of Curve.

After your reply, I followed your suggestions in the following order:

Could you please let me know if you any other applications with the same problem or is it just with Linearity Curve?

None of the apps I use regularly on the iPad displayed this issue, although I didn’t went through my whole app library to check for any outliers.

• Photos App Privacy Settings: Open Settings on your iPad > Scroll down and tap on Photos. This section controls how apps can access your photos. Ensure that the settings allow apps to read and write to your photo library.

I scrolled through this section, but didn’t really see any setting here that dealt with Apps-to-Photos communication. I think you meant Settings > Privacy & Security > Photos > Linearity Curve. I also checked in there, but the available options were still ‘None’/‘Add Photos Only’ (as shown in the 2nd and 3rd image on my original post). ‘Add Photos Only’ was still selected.

• Background App Refresh: sometimes, allowing an application to refresh its content in the background can help resolve issues related to content access when you open the application. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and make sure it’s enabled for Linearity Curve.

After checking, I confirmed that Linearity Curve was already enabled for it.

• Try going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Make sure Content & Privacy Restrictions are turned off, or if they are on, navigate to Photos under Allowed Apps or Privacy and check the settings there. Ensure that Linearity Curve is allowed to access photos fully.

This feature was already turned off altogether.

When you try to reinstall the application and then navigate to the Add Photos section, do you see a contextual menu that allows you to choose the type of access to your Photo Library?

Here’s when I decided to try reinstalling the app for a second time.
I backed up my .curve documents to iCloud Drive and fully removed the app from my device. Then, I went to the App Store and installed Curve again. After logging in with my pre-existing account, I navigated to the Add Photos section and alas, a contextual menu appeared asking to choose the type of access to my Photo Library. This solved the issue, and now the settings in Settings > Privacy & Security > Photos > Linearity Curve display three configurations for Photo Library Access: ''None, ‘Limited Access’, ‘Full Access’.

This reminded me: The very first time I installed Curve (back in January), the contextual menu did appear, but I did not allow it any access to my library. Once I became confortable with the app I tried to allow it, but then all I could do was what I showed in my original post.

That’s it – thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this, Nadya. I really appreciate it.

Hey @alezehia , thank you so much for the detailed response! We’ve noted it down on our side. And it’s great to hear that you’ve resolved the problem!

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.