How to by pass the hoops

Often confronted with this upon opening linearity.
I like to by pass anyone know how to ?
Regards Rob

1 Like

Hey @Rob , I’d love to help you with this. Could you give me a bit more info on the specific challenges you’re facing?

Hello Nadya, not really sure how to explain or expand upon the issue. Other than when vectonator was in place. I did not need to log in like the per screen grab provided

@Rob Starting with version 5.2, to continue using Linearity Curve, you’ll need an active account. Creating an account lets you keep working on your files just like you always have.

You can find out more about Linearity Cloud here.

Feel free to ask any additional questions. We’re here to help!

Fair enough my point is why do I require to jump through these hoops each time I open the app ? linearity ?

So I have an active account yet I see the above screen grab I shared with you.

@Rob Apologize for your experience. Could you provide further details regarding:

1. The current version of the app you’re using.
  2. Information about your device and its OS version.
  3. Which login option you use?

Feel free to send these details to support@linearity.io, and I’ll personally attend to it from there. Thanks for your cooperation!

• The current version of the app you’re using. 5.2.5
  • Information about your device and its OS version. IOS 16.7.2 - IPAD PRO first generation 12.9
  • Which login option you use? apple
    [/quote]

To give you an idea of the experience if I do not use the app often. It then presents me with the screen shot above that I posted. Hope that helps ? Regards Rob

Thanks for sharing that information, @Rob . It makes sense. I’ve forwarded this to our development team, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have updates on this matter.

Thank you rob

@Rob , could I kindly request some diagnostic files from you? This will significantly assist our team in diagnosing and resolving the issue more effectively. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

You can find instructions on how to export diagnostic files here: https://www.linearity.io/blog/how-to-report-bugs/#how-to-export-diagnostic-files-and-crash-logs.

If it’s more convenient for you, you’re welcome to share the file with us via support@linearity.io.

Yes it is an absolute PITA! The application has ZERO integration with any type of password manager on Mac OS. Today I played forgot my password and got yet another password that I will never remember and have no intention of remembering, ever. Next time I login and it asks me for a password that I assure you I have already forgotten I will simply uninstall.

And why every second software company that is undergoing a reinvention of their identity has decided a separate, different login and password is required for their software and another for their community is beyond frustrating.