seeking what "3 files" really means

I am seeking clarification of meaning of 3 files. I do not plan to use Move, so I’ll stay with using the term 3 files.

Does that mean once I create a 3 file, I have to move to a paid plan in order to continue using creating files with Curve? Would I be able to continue editing my exist files?

Does it mean I can only work on three files concurrently?

The answer is definitely not clear and needs further clarification.

Hey @vectormector , thank you for your question.

To give you the full picture on the 3 files limit: this is all about creating new files. You can create up to 3 new files with Linearity Curve for free. Under this 3-file limit, you can delete old files and make new ones, allowing you to keep using the Linearity Starter plan. Want to work on more? Upgrading to our Pro plan would be needed.

Existing files can be edited without restriction. For example, if you have 10 files now, you’ll still be able to access and edit them after the new subscription model starts.

Please let me know if this clarifies your questions.

1 Like

I thought I saw a post dated awhile back that Linearity Curve would remain free when it changed from Vectornator to Linearity. So now it’s only free for three files? Am I reading this right?

2 Likes

If you thought that was bad, check you Inbox.

As someone who was “tricked” into migrating 100+ files from iCloud to Linerary Cloud only then to spend days exporting MY designs in order to create new files, my fully paid for SVG app will not longer export to SVG.

I can only assume that Vectornator sold their soles to Private Equity in order to understand why you would go in these directions. You initially sold a relatively expensive app at full price and have successively made it completely unusable to those that initially supported your journey.

To remove SVG export you have killed it dead. Disgraceful to do it in this way and not be upfront with users that could have chosen to move away well before now without all the extra work. Fortunately, I did export all my critical files from this platform before you prevented even that, albeit it literally took me days to do so.

I love the product but hate the way in which you have treated your clients and early adopters.

Getselim

3 Likes

Hey @Getselim, I can assure you that we have not sold our soles to Private Equity, we are still the same company that originally launched Vectornator back in the day. We truly appreciate our users’ support, especially that of our early adopters. And while I do understand that these recent changes are a shift, they are required to continue developing Linearity Curve & Move further.

You mentioned that you have paid for Vectornator in the past - if you could email us at support@linearity.io with the email receipt we’d love to see if we can offer you a special discount as long-time supporter, even if it is just to export your files if you still choose to leave us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Sam