how to uninstall linearity curve

Hi,

so I’m not interested in taking on the plans coming in February. Not the free plan either.
I’ve searched for ways and treads to do a complete uninstall but came up empty. Can you please point out step by step how to completely uninstall linearity curve on Mac?

Best regards,

Vincent

1 Like

Hi @vincentzaalberg , we’re sorry to see you go!

We’d appreciate it if you could share what led you to this decision and why the free plan wasn’t suitable for you. Your feedback is truly valuable to us!

As for deleting the application, the account deletion is an automated process. If you log into the Linearity Curve application, you can deactivate your account right from within your profile settings directly.

After that, open Launchpad > Select and hold the application icon until they start to move > Click the X top left > Confirm you want to delete it by clicking Delete.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Nadya,

I have no use case for the app anymore, that’s basically why.
Thanks, I deleted my account as per your message.
However the app is still installed on my computer. So how do I perform a complete uninstall and delete all associated and hidden files?

Vincent

Hi @vincentzaalberg , just to confirm, have you followed this instruction I shared earlier? Is the application still there after deletion?

After that, open Launchpad > Select and hold the application icon until they start to move > Click the X top left > Confirm you want to delete it by clicking Delete.

Hi Nadya,

oh I’m sorry I missed that text section about Launchpad.
Thank you so much, that solved it. Good luck with the new chapter of Curve.

Regards,

Vincent

Oh no if I have already deleted the app on iPad phone and laptop how would I delete any details on line like you suggested please ? As for deleting the application, the account deletion is an automated process. If you log into the Linearity Curve application, you can deactivate your account right from within your profile settings directly. Regards Rob

@Rob If you still have Linearity Move installed, you can try deleting an account via this application. Any chance you can try doing it like that?

And we’re sorry to see you go. We would appreciate if you share what led you to this decision.

Hello Nadya,

I recently deleted the Vectornator folder a few days ago. I believe “Linearity Move” is related to the animation aspect? You inquired, “And we’re sorry to see you go. We would appreciate it if you could share what led you to this decision.” Before I address this question, I must express my years of enjoyment drawing and appreciating the nicely styled interface. However, there are reasons prompting my departure.

One recurring issue is the insistence on using Apple or other methods to open curves. It feels like an intrusive advertisement during a YouTube video, disrupting my flow as I pause to navigate through login processes. These interruptions deter my focus. Additionally, there will be instances where I encounter prompts for additional projects or subscriptions, tempting me to unintentionally commit to payments I hadn’t intended. For instance, upon opening Vectornator, I was prompted to download an animation app. Despite seeking a workaround to proceed with my project, I felt compelled to download the app just to move forward. This reminded me of the experience with Amazon Prime, where the platform assumes your preference without offering a choice. Consequently, I opted to purchase InDesign and transition away from Vectornator.

I would be more than willing to purchase Vectornator outright if given the option. However, the cumulative costs of multiple subscription-based apps surpass what I can justify without a consistent income. On the other hand, Animation Pro, which offers animation, drawing, and keyframing functionalities, was a bargain at £10.

Despite these drawbacks, I have cherished my experiences with Vectornator. I have created numerous vector images for use in Animation Pro, and these experiences have been immensely enjoyable. I extend my best wishes to you and the team for the future.

Regards,
Rob

This really resonates with me. $150 AUD (soon to be $220) is just too much as an annual subscription, particularly when there’s still no way to disable the cloud functionality. One of the main attractions of Vectornator to me originally was that I could just email the .vectornator file to someone else, or share via Apple Classroom, and they didn’t need to worry about privacy issues, accounts, or subscriptions. Just an instant download from the App Store that worked.

I would love to pay $150 as a one-off purchase for a perpetual offline license of Curve that includes a year or two of patch updates, but I’m afraid that as it stands right now I won’t be continuing with Curve unless anything changes over the coming week.

(Side note: I’d potentially be interested in site licenses/student licensing if it worked in a similar way to Autodesk).

Well expressed, I had not realised the cost was that high. $150 AUD (soon to be $220)