Double tap node is not working anymore. (Ipadpro M2 11")

Double tapping on a node is not ‘toggling’ the handles anymore, at least it seems like it, I’m I missing a new setting in a recent update maybe? I saw this was reported in januari as well, but it did work for me till recently. I tested it on Macos, still works there.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I also have this problem after the update, I hope it can be resolved soon. I also use the ipad pro m2. thanks

1 Like

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I’ve logged a ticket for the team to investigate this issue further and will let you know as soon as there are any updates.

Cheers,
Helen

1 Like

I’m still having the same bug after updating a while ago, double tap still not working.

Hi @Phebriand,

Can you confirm your OS and Vectornator versions please?

Cheers,
Helen

1 Like

I’m using Ipad pro M2 12.9" IpadOs 16.5 and Vectornator 4.13.6. Sorry I forgot to tell you.
Thanks

1 Like

I’m also running the latest version of Vectornator, and most recent IpadOs. On a 4th generation Ipad Pro 11". I also happen to own an Ipad pro 2nd generation 11" running IpadOs 16.3.1 and there it still works.

1 Like

I updated my Ipad pro 2nd generation 11" to IpadOs 16.5 and there it still works. I did discover that it also works on My Ipad Pro 4th generation, but only when using a mouse, it just a Apple Pen related bug, so my guess is that it has something to do with the new hover Function. Not registering the double tap correctly.

so do you have a solution for this?

If you are asking me, no unfortunately not, I tried to Turn of the hover function, but that didn’t do the trick… I was hoping that would do the trick. Guess we’ll need to wait for the Vectornator developers to get it solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I think It’s issue is is not resolved yet
I am using i pad pro m2 11’
ver - 4.13.7

I recently got an iPad Pro M2 11” and I’m also a little disappinted that the double tap node isn’t working. Previously, I had an iPad 6th Gen; it worked fine there. Hoping to see this issue fixed.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Thank you for the nudge on this topic and sorry it’s been quiet for a while.

The team has taken a note of the problem and I can confirm that improvements are on the way. However, in order for us to better isolate the issue and work on it, we’d love to find out more.

Would it be possible to send some files we can take a look? Also is this problem happening on every occasion, every file, only on iOS and with or without the Apple Pencil connection.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Medet,

What I can confirm on my M2 11" ipad pro, it is nog working with every file when using the apple pen. It does work when I use a mouse. either a bluetooth connected one, or the trackpad build in the apple magic keyboard. So I think it has to do something to do with the hover functionality alle M2 ipad nowadays have. You cannot really turn off the hover functionality on the ipad. I tried that as well. The only thing you can do is toggling of the visual representation of the hover functionality. It does still work on my other Ipad Pro that was which was an 2nd generation pro Ipad. That model does not support hovering. When I open the same file on both devices it works on one and not on the other. So it is deffinitely not file related. Thanks for checking in!
Good luck on solving this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@GVB thank you so much for the input! This is now with the team. :raised_hands: Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes