delete nodes not working autotrace

Used auto trace. delete node not accessible.

Hi @zakimonster, thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide more details on how you’re trying to delete nodes? Also, which version of Linearity Curve are you using? If you could share a screen recording of the issue, it would be really helpful, and I’ll do my best to assist you further.

Thanks for the reply. Downloaded Linearity a couple days ago so I assume is latest version.Not sure how to record. Here are the three steps I just took now and 3 screen shots.

Node1 is the jpg of doorway
Node2 is auto trace set to sketch with simplify turned on.
Node3 is the result with sidebar showing minus nodes ( or reduce I should say) is not accessible.
Am I missing a step?
PS this on my ipad!
Thanks

Anyone home there?

Hi @zakimonster, thank you for your reply and for providing the steps and screenshots. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I appreciate your patience.

I tried to replicate the issue on my end, but I couldn’t encounter the same problem. When I selected an object, the minus (reduce) nodes button in the sidebar was accessible.

To further assist you, could you please share the source file in .curve format?

Additionally, if you’re looking to record your screen on your iPad, you can follow the instructions provided in this Apple support article: How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for responding. Here is the generated Linearity file.
HecateDoor.curve (591.8 KB)

Hey @zakimonster , after the auto-trace operation, you have a compounded path made up of multiple paths. Try clicking the “Separate” button to split the paths, which will then allow you to delete nodes.

Thanks for the reply. Separating the paths enabled the delete nodes button but the separation process destroyed many individual brick lines and merged them into large black splotches. I will need to the delete extra nodes by hand. Better than hand tracing the entire brick pattern. Maybe some patterns are too complex to get a clean trace? Thanks.
After Separate command