First post. What a fantastic app!! But the very first thing I need to do is accurately ( ie vector precision) divide a line at the midpoint ( and ideally in thirds, quarters etc). I have googled and googled but can’t find a hint to what seems basic. Help!!
Hi Robertclara, here how you can achieve that:
- Get a length of a line, let’s say it will be 400
- Calculate what length it will have after dividing by 5, 4, 3, 2
- In our case it will be 200, 133.3333, 100 and 80
- Use the Line tool and hold the Shift key on MacOS to create a straight line, or hold a screen with another finger on iOS.
- Set line width and only after it’s x and y coordinates
Here is a video:
If you need to snap a vertical line into end of each divided line you can achieve that by turning on Smart Guides in View menu.